Sunday 25 January 2015

Birthday Card...

Today's card I made using the Stampin up 'Starburst Dies' I really  love that they are a circle shape with just a little bit of a different edge to them. I am very tempted to buy the stamp set that fits inside. I'm just not sure how often you would use those words. 


I also tried the resist technique by heat embossing with Wow! superfine 'opaque bright white' onto white card stock and then distressing with Tim Holtz 'Spiced Marmalade' all over the top, I really like the way it turned out actually I wasn't sure as I was doing it but now its on the card I think it really pops and that its kind of nice that it has a bit of texture to the colour.

I have also used the stamp by Justrite called 'Ticking Stripe' and heat embossed that in Wow! 'Matallic Silver' onto SU 'Bermuda Bay' card stock.  The orange that you see is actually just SU washi tape that I have punched out and placed on top to add a bit more colour to the card. 


What do you think of the resist technique?

Be Back Soon! Sharni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment